**AT THIS TIME, NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2020 INAUGURAL HALL OF FAME CLASS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED**
The purpose of the Stonewall Jackson High School Athletics and Activities Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor those Stonewall Jackson High School student-athletes, coaches, and/or contributors who excelled in their respective roles to bring honor, recognition, distinction, and excellence to Stonewall Jackson High School.
GENERAL CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Nominees must exemplify the highest standards of sportsmanship, ethical conduct, moral character, and carry the endorsement of Stonewall Jackson High School.
The categories of student-athlete, coach, and contributor are included on the nomination form for expediency in understanding the primary area in which an individual is to be considered for their achievements in Stonewall Jackson High School athletics and activities. The grouping is for screening purposes only and to assist those making the nominations in understanding the type of information required. Once nominees are inducted, they are recognized as members of the Stonewall Jackson High School Hall of Fame. The following criteria shall be met by the nominee in their respective category:
- Student-athletes are eligible for selection 10 years after their high school graduation e. graduation June 10, 2009 eligibility begins after June 10, 2019.
- Nominees shall be former participants at Stonewall Jackson who are being nominated for their achievements in interscholastic athletics during their student years at Stonewall Jackson.
- They must have competed in a VHSL-sanctioned varsity sport/activity and must have excelled in that sport/activity.
- Accomplishments that are considered include, but are not limited to, individual (All-District, All-Region, All-State, All-Met, All-American) and team accomplishments (District, Region, or State Champions)
- Individual or team/school records
- Overall impact on Stonewall Jackson High School during their respective time as a student-athlete
- Sustained positive character and impact in our community
- Must have served AT LEAST 5 years at Stonewall Jackson High School.
- Shall have participated with distinction and/or made significant contributions to athletics and activities at Stonewall Jackson High School.
- Coaches may be eligible, in extenuating circumstances, as determined by the Selection Committee.
- Must be an individual who has made a contribution to interscholastic athletics or activities at Stonewall Jackson in some capacity other than those previously mentioned, including, but not limited to such areas as administration, sports medicine, sports media, official, event personnel, activities sponsor or participant, etc.
- Shall have participated with distinction and made significant contributions to athletics and activities at Stonewall Jackson High School.
- Contributors may also be eligible, in extenuating circumstances, as determined by the Selection Committee.
ALL CANDIDATES WILL BE JUDGED ON THEIR SIGNIFICANT AND/OR LONG-TERM CONTRIBUTION TO INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETICS AND ACTIVITIES WHILE AT STONEWALL JACKSON HIGH SCHOOL. WHILE MANY HAVE SERVED THEIR SCHOOL AND PROGRAMS OVER A LONG AND DISTINGUISHED CAREER, THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS MUST HAVE BEEN WORTHY OF AT LEAST DISTRICT/COUNTY RECOGNITION FOR THEM TO BE CONSIDERED. LONGEVITY, WITHOUT MEANINGFUL LOCAL IMPACT, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE APPROPRIATE CREDENTIALS FOR HALL OF FAME CONSIDERATION.
METHODS OF NOMINATION & ELECTION
- Any Stonewall Jackson High School or Prince William County School affiliate in good standing may nominate.
- No individual may make more than one nomination per year.
- Selection Committee members are not permitted to nominate.
- Nominations for candidates not selected shall remain open for consideration each of the next two years but will no longer be considered thereafter, unless a new nomination packet is submitted.
- The nomination deadline is March 1st. Nomination packets shall be received by March 1st, reviewed by April 1st, and selected by May 1st. Notifications will be communicated no later than May 15th.
- Induction ceremony and luncheon will be held in September and will be held in the Stonewall Jackson Gymnasium. A formal invitation will be sent.
- The night prior, at the Varsity Football Game, each inductee and family will be recognized on the field at halftime.
The Hall of Fame nomination form can be found online HERE.